Partnering with Purpose
Maximizing impact through collective effort
NCLC’s vast network includes partners from higher education institutions, the local school district, municipal government, corporations, foundations, and non-profit and community-based organizations.
All partners support a shared goal of increasing the proportion of Newark residents with a degree or credential beyond high school to 25% by the year 2025 and ultimately sustaining Newark’s college-going culture well beyond 2025.
- Increasing the number of high school students prepared to succeed in college
- Supporting families’ ability to afford college
- Creating internships and other opportunities for early-career exposure for high school and college students
- Expanding access to rigorous coursework, like dual enrollment and advanced placement, to all students
- Eliminating obstacles for adults seeking to return to college or secure a high-quality certification
- Making reliable data available to monitor Newark’s progress in reaching post-secondary attainment goals